Bamboo and snakes!
The big news at HMI these days is that a few big snakes have been either seen or caught. I know you are longing to see photos of these critters, but I haven't really wanted to peer inside the bag in which they've been caught for a snap... sorry.
The other thing that has stood out for me are the two bamboo shoots that sprouted about a month ago near my office and have grown about 8 feet in that month! I almost could be able to get a photo of the growth at that rate! Sorry i didn't take progress photos, maybe next time.

I went to a wedding in another part of the State a week and a half ago. It was a nice weekend even though we only got a couple of moments in air conditioning throughout the weekend and it was really HOT and humid! Here are some pictures. I got a chance to sing at t
he wedding as well as at Sunday School and Church the next day - in Telugu. Also, I wanted to make sure you all see that I am still S.M. (Sara Marie? NO - Sweat Monster!)
he wedding as well as at Sunday School and Church the next day - in Telugu. Also, I wanted to make sure you all see that I am still S.M. (Sara Marie? NO - Sweat Monster!) This past weekend I went to two nice events in the city. One was a traditional Indian ballet set to the theme of Menakaa, a Hindu mythical woman who represents women's struggle against oppression. It was beautiful. Then I went to the Hyderabad Choral Society's concert the next night where I decided that I will try to sing with that group starting next month.
Today I leave for Tamil Nadu - a cool hill station where we are running a summer course for two weeks. I will not return to Hyderabad until 27 May, so I might be a bit out of touch with limited email access.
Until later,
Sara

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home